Monday, October 20, 2008

My first Moonrise over Mr. A's Bar, Busay, Lahug, Cebu City


I was dining with my pangga last Friday, October 17, 2008 at Mr. A's restaurant up in the hills of Busay, Cebu City when the moon made its appearance. I was fortunate enough to be nestled up in the Busay hills with a clear vantage point as the moon slowly rose over illuminating the Cebu metropolis.

For over 32 summers, it was my first time to witness a moonrise! I did not even believe at that moment that there was even such a phenomenon. I was that amazed! Witnessing my first moonrise was an exhilarating experience - it was simply awesome and breathtakingly beautiful. I was able to see the moon at first cast a dark golden hue slowly rise up over the Cebu seas until it settled high up in the Cebu skies casting a pale yellow sheen.

For a romantic like me, a moonrise over the Busay mountains, I realized, was far more romantic than a Panglao sunrise or a Manila bay sunset. Cuddled up to my dear hubby all the more made the sight more appealing. And, because the moon only makes its appearance a few days in a month, the rare occurence of witnessing a moonrise counts for its allure and beauty, making it truly a sight to behold.

No comments: